This is the perfect breakfast for people who don’t have time to make breakfast!
~ You make it the night before.
~ It is super quick!
~ It is filling!
~ It is chockfull of super nutrients and so healthy for you!
~ AND it taste like dessert!
Chia puddings are very versatile and you can create them in lots of flavors and versions.
Chia seeds come to us from Central America where they have been a staple for a very good reason.
• They are high in calcium! They have more calcium than milk.
• They are high in iron! They have more iron than spinach.
• They are high in antioxidants! They have more antioxidants than blueberries.
• They lower blood sugar and help reduce cravings for sweets.
• They lower blood pressure and are a good addition to a heart healthy food plan.
• They are high in fiber and are excellent for eliminating constipation.
• They absorb liquid, expand and create a pudding consistency that is light and delicious.
*If you have low blood pressure, are diabetic or suffer from diarrhea, chia seeds might not be good for you, please check with your doctor.
A basic Chia Pudding recipe:
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
1/2 a cup of unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Mix it together in a cup or a bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
I like to prepare it in the evening for a next day breakfast or snack.
Add a tablespoon of shredded coconut for a Coconut Pudding!
Add a teaspoon of raw cacao for a Chocolate Pudding!
Top with fresh fruit like diced apples, sliced strawberries or sliced bananas for a Fruity Pudding!
Top with a teaspoon of nut butter for a Nutty Pudding!
Use your creativity and add any additions and flavors you like.
P.S. Learn to create more recipes to nurture your body and soul in our Women Health Circle. Space is limited, join now!